Website City of Savannah
This position is responsible for the coordination between the Wastewater Conveyance, Water Distribution and Water Supply and Treatment or other Department / Division Asset Management Programs and the CityWorks / CMMS software system and data, including GIS.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops, implements and maintains policies, procedures, and management criteria for the Water Distribution and Water Supply, Stormwater, Water Reclamation, and other Department / Division Asset Management Program, SAGIS, and the CityWorks / CMMS software.
- Implement plans to encourage the growth and development of the CMMS / CityWorks system.
- Investigates concerns concerning asset management program and reports findings to proper authorities.
- Manages the maintenance and operation of the Water Distribution and Water Supply, Stormwater, Water Reclamation, and other Department / Division Asset Management database.
- Serves as a liaison between the Departments / Divisions, bureaus, other municipalities, and other public and private entities.
- Updates GIS data: corrects locations, attribute information, as needed to standards are met and followed, etc.
- Resolves problems with Utility locating / management software (i.e., Boss811) applications for ‘Call Before you Dig’ program).
- Assists and trains other staff members in the use and maintenance of CMMS system and GIS data and applications.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Follows CMMS governance standards.
Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Geography, Geographic Information Systems, Civil Engineering Technology, Planning, or a related field and four (4) years of experience using GIS systems for engineering drafting, surveying, cartography, or photogrammetry; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Prefers GIS Professional certification.
Background investigation, including supervised drug screen, post offer/pre-employment medical screen; and verification of education, certifications, and licenses required prior to employment.
- Knowledge of asset management and mapping technology.
- Knowledge of the functions and procedures of public works, including water, sewer, and/or storm facilities.
- Knowledge of utility system engineering and utility mapping, with preference to water, sewer, and/or storm facilities and systems.
- Knowledge and experience with GIS and GIS system operations.
- Knowledge of computers, tablets, printers, plotters, field survey equipment, and computer operation, and other modern office equipment.
- Skill in developing short- and long-range plans.
- Skill in establishing priorities and organizing work.
- Skill in interpreting and creating mapping, engineering, and construction drawings.
- Skill in the operation of computers, and iPhones, mobile tablets, and other modern office equipment.
- Skill in public and interpersonal relations.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in compiling and analyzing data.
Skill in establishing priorities and organizing work.
- Skill in performing mathematical calculations.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel and Word) and/or relational databases (i.e., SQL, Access, or Oracle).
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.