Website Burns & McDonnell
The Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Specialist will assist in managing GIS data and projects for the utility-industry projects and programs led out of the Atlanta regional office for Burns & McDonnell. The GIS Specialist will initially be dedicated to a single major utility client, with opportunities to expand to other clients once proficiency has been demonstrated. The position will work closely with engineering teams, but will also collaborate heavily with other functional teams (e.g. real estate, environmental, construction) to support a diversity of workflows and data systems.
The position will require a commitment to teamwork, creativity, critical-thinking, quality assurance, and continuous improvement. Primary responsibilities for this role will include:
– Developing, updating, analyzing, and managing GIS data using ArcGIS Pro.
– Heavy usage and development of web-based mapping tools (primarily within ArcGIS Online), including the construction and maintenance of mapping applications using low-to-no-code platforms.
– GIS-based analysis to support efforts such as planning, scoping, cost estimates, bills of materials, and other critical deliverables.
– Assist with implementing and managing field data collection tools and tasks, including the use of GPS devices and execution of post-processing.
– Occasional static map production to support reporting or presentations.
– Assist in implementation of automation tools to make processes more efficient and scalable.
– Assist with data-gathering from outside sources, both public and private, and with other research to support geospatial projects (e.g. land survey records search, local regulations, etc.)
– All other duties as assigned.
– Bachelor’s degree in GIS, geography, or other technical discipline with GIS experience.
– Experience working in ArcGIS Pro. ArcGIS Online experience is strongly preferred.
– Experience with an array of geoprocessing workflows and database management strategies for GIS data maintenance and analysis.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
– Strength in the areas of: attention to detail, organization, creativity, team building, and collaboration.
– Strong willingness to continuously learn new skills and techniques.
– Thrives in challenging environments, able to work well under pressure
– Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office suite.
– Experience building automations (e.g. using FME, model-builder)
– Scripting knowledge (e.g. Python)
– Knowledge of the basics of electrical power distribution systems and accompanying design processes.
– Statistical analysis knowledge.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com