Website Electric Cities of Georgia, Inc
Administrate GIS infrastructure set-up and design. Prepare, design and implement digitized maps and related materials requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria and the analysis and interpretation of spatial characteristics. Provide a high level of computer expertise in the development and coordination of new applications to resolve problems and improve products. Devise new approaches and techniques for projects.
1. Manage geospatial data including but not limited to research, acquisition and quality control as well as ongoing process and implementation of quality assurance for all site planning products.
2. Maintain geospatial datasets to ensure GIS databases and GIS web applications are up-to-date, and develop new processes and procedures, as necessary.
3. Research and data collection for the preparation of project related materials related to property searches and verification, necessary GIS functions including related research and preparation as directed.
4. Create high quality maps, GIS analysis, and data for reports to support a variety of projects using the ESRI suite of products. Including coordination of technical material, digital aerial photography and presentations in support of department programs.
5. Create two-dimensional and three-dimensional building designs and site-layouts for illustrative and marketing purposes in support of proposed economic development projects.
6. Compile information requested to produce marketing materials related to external marketing programs including but not limited to email marketing, website display, printed materials, lead generation, etc.
7. Develop and maintain close working relationships with departmental and company-wide staff along with members and business partners. Proactively seek ways to be of assistance to staff in implementing programs and initiatives.
8. Provide a high level of computer expertise, develop and coordinate new applications to resolve problems and improve product offerings. Evaluate software and hardware to be used with mapping/GIS/conceptual design.
9. Develop and coordinate the integration of site planning products to enhance department objectives with multiple formats.
10. Develop and maintain reports on trends and activities at the direction of management.
11. Other duties as assigned to promote and enhance job requirements as well as department and company objectives.
To perform this job effectively, the individual must demonstrate the following competencies:
Solid understanding of GIS concepts with the ability to present analytical alternatives and develop geospatial solutions.
Knowledge and experience with ESRI’s ArcGIS software suite, including but not limited to ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS 3D Analyst, and Business Analyst.
Basic knowledge of Python, HTML5, SQL, FME, Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio beneficial.
Strong cartographic and data management skills; Understanding of data management principles and practices.
Skills in technical report preparation and translation of verbal and written requests into computer-based designs and printed projects.
Skilled in 3-Dimensional Design utilizing SketchUp 3D Design Software
Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite including but not limited to Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
Strong analytical and coordinating skills.
Ability to interpret and manage databases.
Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships both internally and externally
Ability to think analytically and develop creative solutions to problems.
Strong personal computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in geography, planning, landscape architecture, civil engineering or related fields and 1-3 years of demonstrated experience in operating GIS systems including experience in ArcGIS Suite of products, SketchUp 3D Design Software, Adobe Creative Suite and other similar software; Certified GIS Professional (GISP) would be a plus.
This position may require limited travel to local, regional, state and national business functions/appointments. Position requires some evening and weekend work. No relocation available.
Disclaimer – The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com