Who We Are
SAM Companies is recognized as the industry’s technology leader in providing geospatial solutions and construction services on a national scale. Our staff encompasses 1,000+ individuals from diverse backgrounds who are deploying the latest industry technology and changing the way data is collected and delivered in our industry. We are seeking a Geospatial CAD Technician in the Atlanta metro area.
Our entrepreneurial culture is a key factor in SAM being recognized as a Top Workplace for nine consecutive years, and we make it our mission to ensure every one of our employees learns how to build and manage a business, not just be the subject matter expert on the team. At SAM, our employee’s development is instrumental to our success. Your learning will be supported by specialized in-house training programs and mentoring by the industry’s leading experts, who just happen to be on our staff! We make SAM a GREAT place to work, but it all starts with YOU!
Your Impact at SAM
- Classification of LiDAR point clouds
- Compilation of mapping features from LiDAR point clouds
- Compilation of mapping features from stereo imagery
- Daily processing of geospatial data, including evaluating accuracy and sufficiency, and ensuring compliance to applicable project and industry standards related to aerial mapping products
- Other duties as assigned
What You Bring to SAM
- 0-5 years progressive experience in CAD
- 0-5 years progressive experience with spreadsheets or GIS tools
- 0-5 years experience with ortho rectification
- 0-5 years progressive experience with LiDAR classification
- 0-5 years experience with compilation from LiDAR or stereo imagery
- Excellent computer and technical skills, including Auto CAD and/or MicroStation and MS Office Suite
- Electric Transmission experience preferred
- Proficient in technical math, including Geometry and Trigonometry
- Strong listening, writing and verbal communication skills
- Proven work history, strong work ethic and team-player attitude
We offer a best-in-class benefits package that includes company paid premiums for medical, vision, dental and life insurance. SAM’s 401 (k) program offers a 100% employer match up to 3% of your contribution, along with a 401(k) profit sharing and performance-based bonuses. In addition, we offer:
- Generous paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- No glass ceiling! Truly a place to spread your wings
- Work/life balance with flexible work hours – priority is getting the job done
- Trainings every Tuesday – Specialized in-house trainings programs designed to assist you in advancing in your career
- Office snacks, free food and fun-themed, employee events provided throughout the year
- Passion for our Community – You have endless opportunities to volunteer alongside your peers with our Corporate Social Responsibility Program
SAM is an EOE/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. SAM also participates in the federal E-Verify Program.
To apply for this job please visit careers-sam.icims.com.