Website Liberty County
The Liberty County Board of Commissioners is currently accepting applications for a GIS Analyst within the Information Technology department. This position is responsible for management of the county’s geographic information system (GIS). This position will provide technical assistance in the area of GIS/mapping to county departments, IT, and other entities as requested.
Major Job Duties
- Provides technical assistance in the area of GIS/mapping to county departments, Information Technology staff, and other entities as requested.
- Performs mapping duties utilizing the GIS, including modifying and plotting existing data, creating new data as necessary, and creating metadata.
- Prints paper maps, designs web, or transmits information electronically to clients.
- Performs field work to capture data or to visually rectify or validate existing data.
- Ensures the timely submission of GIS work items required in Liberty County contracts with federal, state, and local agencies.
- Attends County Commission meetings as required.
- Develop GIS applications for Liberty County and other entities as requested.
- Collect GPS data and assist in the post-processing of the data within the county.
- Maintains master address database.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Minimum Qualifications
- Conceptualization, design, composition, and production of complex cartographic and other spatial data.
- GIS application development and programming.
- GIS analysis, scripting, data acquisition, and data conversion.
- Large format printer/plotters.
- GPS devices for data collection.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Familiar with the collection of field data.
- Production of maps and other spatial data reports.
- Oral and written communication.
- Developing working relationships with a variety of end users.
- Bachelor’s degree in a course of study related to the occupational field required or its equivalent.
- At least two years or more of related experienced.
- Applicants must possess a valid Georgia Class C driver’s license and have an acceptable MVR.
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table. The employee frequently lifts light objects, uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, and distinguishes between shades of color.
- The work is typically performed in an office.
Salary & Benefits
This is a full-time position at a minimum annual compensation of $48,443.
Work hours are typically 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, working in the Public Safety Building on Liberty Street in Hinesville, Georgia.
Liberty County government offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package to full-time, permanent employees, which includes:
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer match
- 13 paid holidays
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Low-cost health, dental and vision insurance
- Free term life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health & wellness program
To apply for this job please visit ga-libertycounty.civicplushrms.com.