Provide scaled engineering CADD drawings and facility maps from engineer’s sketches and geospatial information
systems database ready for construction, and for collecting analyzing, checking, correcting and retrieving for
dissemination associated job related data required for documenting and transmitting work outside of the Directorate.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
– Prepare CADD drawings for construction from sketches and information provided by architects and engineers.
– Create custom maps using GIS, current versions of MicroStation/AutoCAD and Adobe Pro, and specialized
software for support of installation units and tenants including utilities, services, locations and various other data that
is require by the customer.
– Perform site verification as required in order to assist engineers in measurements and verification of existing
conditions prior to and during the design process.
– Scan and prepare completed drawings for electronic transfer and archiving current versions.
– Assist customers in obtaining copies of archived drawings, both electronic and hardcopy. Operate printers and
plotters as required for reproduction of drawings and other printed material.
– Maintain drawing vault files.
– Ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance
– High School Diploma or equivalent experience/combined education, with additional technical training adequate to
perform required basic calculation, electronic/mechanical assembly/test, computer operations, etc., with minimum 1yr
– Must have knowledge of design and drafting standards, computer aided design and drafting kills, and office
– Must be familiar with most of the conventional drafting and CADD techniques with an accompanying working
knowledge of drafting terms and procedures.
– Knowledge of work-specific software applications, to include Windows 7, Microsoft Office Professional Suite 2013,
Microstation CADD V8i, ArcView GIS, Information Handling System (IHS), and Information Facilities System (IFS).