The City of Tucker is a relatively recently (2016) established city in the northeastern Atlanta suburbs. Despite its youth, Tucker an extremely close-knit city with many active community groups who regularly collaborate with city government. Due to its young age, the city has also retained many of its founding councilpeople and the original mayor who take an active role in shaping the city to the wishes of its citizens. This has resulted in a government that works with great focus and determination in reaching its goals which are greatly enhanced by its enterprise-level GIS Department.
As our ideal candidate, you possess:
• A passion for GIS to improve our community
• Exceptional, customer service-oriented work ethic
• GIS technical and cartographic skills
• Ability to bring new and imaginative ideas
• Interests and experience in urban planning/city planning GIS or similar fields
• Strong written and oral communication skills
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Interpret detailed plans, photographs, maps, and legal descriptions including addresses, roads, zoning, and various city-owned assets.
• Perform spatial analyses and create information products utilizing GIS geoprocessing tools.
• Assist in user experience testing of web applications.
• Perform spatial analysis and creating information products (maps, reports, etc.) using advanced GIS geoprocessing tools and processes
• Maintain key data sets such as addresses, roads, utilities and other assets
• Publishing content to and administering ArcGIS Online (content, groups, users, permissions, etc.)
• Develop GIS tools and applications that engage staff and community
• Develop and implement GIS standards, policies and procedures
• Provide training and support to GIS users as necessary
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• A passion for GIS and data science
• Knowledge of mapping and database software packages such as ArcGIS
• Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot software problems
• Ability to follow written and verbal directions, prioritize a list of tasks, and communicate progress and results
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 2-5 years of experience in, preferably local government, GIS.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Regular attendance at meetup groups, conferences, or other industry events
• Experience working with some or all of the following Esri tools: Survey123, Collector for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Community Analyst, ArcGIS Hub, ArcGIS Urban
• Volunteer experience a plus
Classification: Full-time, exempt
Salary Range: $50,000 – $60,000
Reports to: Location Intelligence Lead