Title: City of Dunwoody GIS Analyst
Location: Dunwoody, GA
Application Deadline: 2018-08-03
For nearly 40 years InterDev has been providing professional IT and Security services for commercial businesses, government entities / municipalities, non-profits, and a variety of organizations across the Southeastern U.S.
In addition to managing and hosting IT operations for our valued clients, we are an industry leader in Geographic Information Services, Telecom & VoIP platforms. InterDev is a proud Esri Silver Level Network Partner, Microsoft Silver Certified Partner and Barracuda Networks Certified Diamond Partner.
We work hard, embrace high standards in our quality of services model, and take pride as a pacesetter in our industry.
InterDev is now seeking to add a talented, motivated, and experienced professional to our team at the City of Dunwoody. InterDev is offering an opportunity for a GIS Analyst to help build on and expand the city’s enterprise GIS. Our focus is on engaging and connecting staff and the community while honing and expanding our skills through collaboration, training, and participation in professional community events.
Here at InterDev, we are dedicated to:
• work/life balance
• job satisfaction
• professional development opportunities
• health & wellness
We offer comprehensive benefits which include 401(k) with employer matching, health, disability, and life insurance.
WE SUPPORT OUR TEAM’S PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT WITH COMPANY FUNDED CONTINUING EDUCATION, INCENTIVE PROGRAMS, AND THE OPPORTUNITY FOR HANDS ON EXPERIENCE WITH A WIDE VARIETY OF CONFIGURATIONS, SYSTEMS, AND APPLICATIONS ENVIRONMENTS.
As our ideal candidate, you:
• Are passionate about GIS and improving our community
• Exemplify an exceptional work ethic
• Are customer service oriented
• Possess GIS technical and cartographic skills
• Bring new and imaginative ideas to your work
• Are highly interested and experienced in urban planning/city planning GIS or similar fields
• Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills
• Have 2-5 years professional GIS experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Administer ArcGIS for Server and/or Portal for ArcGIS and ArcGIS Online
• Perform spatial analysis and create information products (maps, reports, etc.) using advanced GIS geoprocessing tools and processes
• Develop tools and applications that engage staff and community
• Integrate departmental systems with GIS
• Maintain key datasets including addresses, parcels, roads, and city assets as well as all other existing and future datasets
• Coordinate the acquisition/transfer of data and supervise the integration of these data into the City’s GIS which may include organizing or participating in cooperative initiatives
• Develop, implement, and improve GIS standards, policies and procedures
• Provide GIS training to City staff as necessary
• Prepare project plans and direct vendors (consultants) and internal project teams to accomplish tasks in order to meet user requirements
• Provide support services for City-provided GIS software and systems including diagnosing and troubleshooting problems
• Manage GIS licenses including assisting in scoping of immediate and future needs
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• User and Administrator experience with ArcGIS for Server and/or Portal for ArcGIS and ArcGIS Online
• Experience with SQL Server
• Experience with Asset Management Systems such as Cityworks/Freeance Mobile, iWorQ, SunGard, and other enterprise and departmental systems
• Demonstrated cartographic design and high-quality map standards
• BS degree in geography, surveying, computer science, urban planning or related field preferred, GISP or other industry certifications preferred
• Interpersonal skills: telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer care
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to change
• Technical acumen: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
• Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is applied to GIS
• Self-motivated with the ability to work in a professional government customer site environment
• Display a positive attitude towards complex challenges and problems as well as performing repetitive tasks
• Comfortable with communicating with all levels of management, business, and technical users
• Demonstrated ability to exercise judgement and work independently or as a member of a team
• Ability to adapt to changes in work priorities while managing expectations and completing demands in a delivery-driven, government environment
• Ability to communicate effectively
Classification: Full Time, Exempt
Salary Grade/Level/Family/Range: $58k – $62k
Note: Applicant selected will be subject to a criminal, credit, and department of motor vehicles background checks and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified and sensitive information.
Successful completion of background screening is a condition of initial, as well as ongoing, employment. Successful completion is defined as meeting or exceeding all security clearance requirements defined by InterDev and InterDev’s clients.
InterDev is a Drug Free workplace. We reserve the right to perform screening for abused substances at any point in time during your employment. You will also be required to sign an employment agreement and confidentiality agreement which will protect InterDev and its client’s proprietary information.
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and more.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This is a full-time position; hours of work and days are generally Mon – Fri, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Travel, if applicable, is primarily locally during the business day.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
InterDev provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, InterDev complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
InterDev expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Please submit resume to email@example.com