The City of Brookhaven, located in metro Atlanta, is seeking highly qualified applicants for a GIS Analyst in the IT Department.
This temporary six-month assignment will support Geographic Information System (GIS) activities in the City of Brookhaven using ESRI’s ArcGIS Applications.
The successful candidate will need to have exceptional attention to detail, strong research skills, work ethic, organizational skills, and ability to work with others.
Assist in the Following Duties:
• Map production/printing
• Dataset maintenance/creation/collection
• ArcGIS Online administration
• ArcGIS Server service creation/maintenance
• Verify or assist in creating documentation for existing systems/processes/metadata
• Script development (Python) to automate or enhance routine processes
• Assist other City staff in utilization of GIS through training/education
• 3 – 5 years of experience with ArcGIS Applications (ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcGIS Server, etc.)
• Working knowledge of methods, standards, and techniques in GIS
• Knowledge of different data formats (shapefiles, geodatabases, relational databases)
• Ability to multi-task
• Excellent communication skills
• Passion to learn, and to accept responsibility
• Pass background check
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in GIS, geography, planning, civil engineering, computer science, or a related field.
The City of Brookhaven is an equal opportunity employer.